Originally named “The Cayce Hospital for Research and Enlightenment,” this historic landmark was built in 1928 as a result of Cayce’s dream to help others with the holistic health information that was brought forth in his psychic readings. Cayce gave psychic readings for patients while a highly trained staff of physicians, physical therapists, nutritionists, body-workers, and other health care professionals carried out the treatment. The hospital opened in 1929 with 30 beds but was eventually lost during the Great Depression. The building was repurchased by A.R.E. in 1956 and renovated in 2014.
Today this building is home to the A.R.E. Health Center & Spa, offering many of the holistic services originally available through the hospital with therapies such as chiropractic adjustments, massage, castor oil packs, hydrotherapy, and much more, with many upper level rooms offering an ocean view.
The Cayce/Miller Café (featuring Cafe67), the Gladys Davis Turner porch, and the Copeland Dining Room all exist in this building as a place for students, visitors, members, and staff to gather and enjoy lively conversation over healthy food with a spectacular ocean view.